San Francisco Emergency Dentist Helps Patients Get Through Unexpected Dental Traumas
When you are faced with a dental emergency, what will you do? Who will you call? Our San Francisco emergency dentists are here to help you make a plan now, so that if an when you do have to deal with unexpected dental problems, you will feel confident and in control.
Dental emergencies may present in a number of different ways:
· Cracked or chipped teeth
· Extreme and/or sudden dental pain
· Tooth loss
· Lacerated oral tissues
No matter what type of dental issue you face, the most important thing is for you to reach out, as soon as possible, to a dentist who offers emergency care. Write down your dentist’s contact information and keep it in a visible place, so that you can find it in a pinch.
If you happen to lose a tooth, there are a few things that you can do to try and keep the tooth viable (for re-insertion) before you get to the dentist’s office.
· If possible, gently put the tooth root into the gum tissue and hold it in your mouth until you see your dentist
· If the tooth root does not easily and comfortably fit back into the gum tissue, keep the tooth in a glass of milk instead—try to keep as much tissue and nerves/roots attached to the root as possible
Here also are some things to keep in mind when trying to manage pain and discomfort after dental trauma:
· Do not place painkillers directly on the damaged areas, as this can irritate and damage your tissue.
· Use an ice pack, placed on the outside of your cheek or jaw, to safely numb sensitive/painful areas.
Our San Francisco emergency dentists provide the prompt and effective care that patients need in dental emergencies. Please feel free to contact our dental team to learn more, or to schedule a consultation with our helpful team!
Comments are closed.