San Francisco Dentist Talks About The Benefits of Composite Resin in Dentistry
Our San Francisco dentists use only the highest quality materials to achieve aesthetic and functional dental results. Today we are going to be discussing one of these materials in particular—composite resin. Let’s get started!
What is composite resin, anyway?
Composite resin is a material frequently used in restorative and aesthetic dental treatments. It is made from a mixture of plastic compounds and ceramic. Dental resin can be used in a number of scenarios, to:
- Correct dental damage
- Resurface unsightly enamel
- Close gaps between teeth
- Elongate disproportionally short teeth
- Make your teeth appear more aligned
Why do dentists use composite resin?
As a dental material composite resin is convenient, effective, and patient-friendly. It:
- looks like natural enamel
- is custom-colored to match the shade of your smile
- capable of repairing even those hard-to-reach problem areas
- holds up to the wear and tear of daily life
- fits in with your normal daily life and oral hygiene routine
- Will not expand and contract over time in response to change in temperature
What’s the treatment process like?
Improving your smile with composite resin really couldn’t be easier. When you come in for your appointment, our team will clean and prep your teeth for treatment. Then, we’ll apply the soft composite resin to the appropriate teeth, and shape it to fit your needs. Finally, we cure the resin so that it hardens and bonds to your enamel. All of this happens in just one dental appointment!
Because composite resin is so versatile and patient friendly, it is very possible that you could benefit from some kind of treatment with resin. If you want to learn more, or you have a question for our San Francisco dentists, give us a call!
Comments are closed.