Kiss Those Stained and Discolored Teeth Goodbye: Our San Francisco Cosmetic Dentist Transforms Dental Enamel Fast
When teeth are young and healthy, they look bright and white. With time, and age, however, dental enamel can start to appear dark and discolored.
Dental discoloration may happen for a number of reasons. For example…
• Dental enamel picks up stains from foods and drinks. Some common staining culprits are chocolate, red wine, soda, coffee, and red sauces.
• As your teeth age, the dental enamel will thin. Thus, dentin—the layer of the tooth under the enamel—starts to show through to the surface of the tooth. The tooth ultimately ends up looking dark and yellow.
• Dental damage can also lead to grey or brown teeth. If you suffer from a traumatic dental accident, you may find that your smile changes in appearance.
The good news is that no matter what the cause of your aesthetic issues, our San Francisco cosmetic dentists can help you regain a bright smile that you love.
• Professional whitening gels, which our dentist applies to your smile during your dental appointment, will minimize existing stains, and help to restore your enamel’s natural level of whiteness. There are also whitening formulations that can be used by the patient at home.
• There are also a number of cosmetic options that are applied over natural teeth, in order to achieve a whiter and more perfected smile. Dental bonding (the application of dental resin) and Lumineers treatment (the application of personalized porcelain restorations) can both transform even the most dull and discolored teeth.
Our dental team has all of the information that you need about restorative and transformative dental treatments. Give our San Francisco cosmetic dentists a call if you have specific questions, or if you just want to schedule a consultation to learn more about the possibilities of modern dentistry. We look forward to talking with you!
Comments are closed.